If there’s one annoying thing about QuickTime Player it is the lack of fullscreen movie support by default. As most of you know, the basic Quicktime (the one that comes on OS X) does not allow the user to enter into full screen mode unless they upgrade to the Pro version. or use a third party application like VLC. However, there is a very quick and easy way around this that will let you enter full screen mode, thanks to a very simple three-lined AppleScript that scales the movie to your screen size. Very crafty!
Here’s how you do it:
- Launch the AppleScript Script Editor - spotlight for “Script Editor”
- Type the following exactly:
- tell application “QuickTime Player”
- present front movie scale screen
- end tell
- Compile and Save As “Fullscreen”
- Launch your QuickTime movie, and Launch your Fullscreen Script.
It’s that easy!